Sunday, February 6, 2011

Seeing Red

There is something about the color red in a home that kind of captivates me.  Red dishes, pots and pans, appliances, accent walls, decor, etc.... something about it catches my attention.  It can't just be me, because I've read that many companies, especially food-related ones, use the color red because of it's ability to catch and hold the attention of the consumer.  Also, red is "supposed" to make you feel hungrier, which is why a lot of restaurants use red decor or food companies (think Coca-Cola) use such a bold color choice. 

Our washer and dryer have been giving us some trouble lately, so we decided that the time was right for us to make a purchase on a new set.  I have wanted a front-loading set for a while, but the prices have just been TOO high to even consider making that kind of purchase, especially considering the pedestals that set them to a functional height/add storage are $200-$250 EACH! Talk about "nickel and diming" people to death.  Sheesh! 
Anyways, after walking into the store, I found the set that I had to have.  What color?  Of course, red.
 We ended up getting a really great deal.  We got the pedestals for free, and they were already marked down because they are being discontinued.  I was able to talk to the sales guy down an additional $300, plus he gave us a $35 gift card.  We saved $800, plus got a gift card, lol.  We would not have found a front loading set w/pedestals for any cheaper at any store.  

I know it seems strange that I'm going on about it, but if you read my blog from yesterday, I almost feel like it's God's way of saying, "See? I know the desires of your heart, and I will take care of you."  It's as if God is almost proving to me that by being obedient and sowing the seeds by tithing, that he WILL follow through with his promise to multiply what I have sown.  

Lesson learned. He is faithful to those who are faithful to Him!


Faith, obedience, and shiny red things,
Ashley
 


3 comments: