Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring is in the Air

Today was a pretty uneventful day, but the weather the past 2 days has been amazing.  Something about a 70 degree day with sunshine, perfect blue skies, the green returning to the grass.... it puts me in a good mood.  I will open my door up wide, let the fresh air in, and listen to music.  The colder months can put me in a bit of a slump, even though I don't have to deal with being stuck indoors because of snowy weather.  That warmth of sunshine beating down with just the perfect amount of heat to make it comfortable is enough to bring me out of my winter shell.  All too soon, we will have horribly humid weather with temperatures in the 90's and hundreds, so I am going to soak up as much of the spring weather as I can.  It's a beautiful time of year to live in the south.

Joey has a 24 hour CQ shift tomorrow, which is a bummer.  The rest of the Army has a 4 day weekend, but Joey's Friday and Saturday will pretty much be shot.  I guess Family Friday will have to wait until Family Sunday this week! haha.  I know he's really bummed... he has been dying to play some xbox so that he can break in his new gaming chair and Astro's.  I have to admit, we both got spoiled by the time he had off after the deployment.  The days seem long for him now... starting at 5:45AM and ending at 5PM, sometimes a little later.  By the time 7PM rolls around, he is out like a light.  I try to be understanding, but I miss him, even though he is here with me.  It could be a lot worse, so I try not to complain, but we really enjoy each other's company, so he gets bummed out about being so exhausted just as much as I do.  I'm just thankful that he isn't out in Afghanistan getting mortared numerous times each day.  I don't miss hearing those through the computer/phone almost every day that we talked.  Not a good feeling.  I will definitely take him being tired and falling asleep on my couch where I can snuggle up to him over a deployment ANY day. 

In other news, I HATE SCHOOL.  Still.  As the quarter is progressing, I find myself caring less and less what my grades are, and I'm increasingly lazy when it comes to putting forth any effot on my assignments.  I'm sure part of it is due to that fact that these classes aren't even going to transfer towards my prereqs for the Dental Hygiene program.  I feel like it is just wasted time and effort.  I need to look at it as a chance to raise my GPA.  I have grants that pay for my tuition, so it doesn't hurt me to be taking the classes... it's just a bit discouraging to feel like my efforts are wasted, I suppose.

Nothing really new happening in the past few days, but I'm thankful for every day anyway. ^_^

Spring-Sunshine and Sticking with School,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment